Cahir is one of the most important heritage towns in Co. Tipperary. Centred around the Castle, which is one of the largest castles in Ireland, situated on an island in the River Suir, built 1142 by Conor O’Brien, Prince of Thomond. The town is built around the castle, which also contains the Swiss Cottage, a [...]
This was a protected structure, a mid-19th-century building which had been divided up into 12 bed-sits.
These homes have been designed by Deaton Lysaght Architects to comply with nZEB (nearly-Zero Energy in Buildings) Regulations, which are scheduled to take effect in January 2021.
Auburn House, a golden-brown three-storey, eleven-bedroom mansion located within a wooded demesne adjacent to Malahide Castle, was one of the finest residences built in the eighteenth century. In 1996, Auburn House became home to a couple, who with the help of Deaton Lysaght Architects, completed a remarkable and sensitive restoration of the house. Auburn House received the RIAI building excellence award in 1996.
Carlow Courthouse had fallen into disrepair over a number of years, and Deaton Lysaght Architects were appointed in 1994 to advise on the building's repair and refurbishment. They won an Irish Architecture Regional Award for their work in 2001.